Can You Relate?


Connect With Us Online


My partner’s ex-wife is trying to keep their grownup children away from me

His eldest son and family will not give me a chance, in support of their mother. Is there anything I could do to persuade him to get to know me?

I had an

I had an affair with my present partner. We’ve been together since he separated from his ex-wife three years ago; he has been divorced for two. The problem is, he has three grownup children and their mother causes trouble if she finds out they have spent time with me. While two of them are OK with doing things with their father and me, one son and his family will not even give me a chance, in support of his mother. Is there anything I could do to persuade his eldest to get to know me? Should I ask to meet their mother, so she will release their children to be OK with our relationship and we can move on with our lives?

When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments that appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

If you would like fellow readers to respond to a dilemma of yours, send us an outline of the situation of about 150 words. For advice from Pamela Stephenson Connolly on sexual matters, send us a brief description of your concerns.

All correspondence should reach us by Wednesday morning. Email:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (please don’t send attachments). Submissions are subject to our terms and conditions: see

Join Our FB Community


DOWNLOAD Our Browsing App

Advertise On Orion

Advertise : Mail :

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine