Uhuru’s official ride spotted with upside down number plate at COVID-19 presser
Two more cases have been reported in
Two more cases have been reported in Kenya of patients who are being treated for contracting COVID-19 virus.
In his public address, president Uhuru Kenyatta said that this pandemic will test us but it will not defeat us.
He directed the following…
Suspending travel for all persons coming to Kenya from countries with reported cases.
Self quarantine of incoming Kenyans and anyone with work permit.
Take effect for the next 30 days
All persons who jetted I for last 14 days must self quarantine. Especially if they exhibit symptoms
Schools closed. Primary and secondary day schools closed from tomorrow. Those in boarding school s should be home by Wednesday. Tertiary education institutions close by Friday.
Government offices allowed to work from home.
More pointers from the presser.
1. Gov has suspended all inbound travel from countries with Corona
2. Only Kenyan citizens and foreigners residents with valid visas allowed into Kenya for the next 30 days.
3. All persons who got into Kenya past 14 days must self quarantine. If any have symptoms of fever etc they should to hospital.
4. Learning suspended in all learnings institutions. Days schools from tomorrow, boarding from Wed 18th. Universities by Fri 20th.
5. Gov offices, businesses and companies encouraged to let employees work from home except those in critical services.
6. Limit use of money, use digital money transfer and cards.
7. Citizens encouraged to avoid congregating in crowded places, wedding funerals, churches, shopping malls, entertainment premises, public transportation, limit visitors to hospitals.
8. Hospitals and shopping malls to provide water, soap and hand sanitizers plus disinfected.
Here is the car that Uhuru drove into Harambee House with minutes before the public address.
Check out the video